WHEN THE HERO COMES HOME, co-edited by Gabrielle Harbowy and Ed Greenwood is a finalist for ForeWord Book of the Year – Anthology category! Congrats to Gabrielle and Ed, who were brilliant editors and completely deserve this recognition, and bravo to my fellow to contributors for your fantastic tales.
My short story, “The Once and Now-ish King” is in this anthology, but so are so many other incredible books by some fantastic science fiction and fantasy writers.
About When The Hero Comes Home
HEROES come in a thousand guises, and so do stories about them. The only survivor of a war struggles to return to a home that doesn’t exist anymore. A rebel leader loses everything she fought for and must start from scratch. A hero who has fought for her village her whole life must retire into obscurity without ever being known for her deeds. A starship returns to an Earth that is much changed, yet too much the same. A soldier is haunted by the very thing that saved his life. And King Arthur returns in Albion’s hour of need. Dark fantasy. Urban fantasy. Political intrigue. Science fiction. From the horrific to the heartwarming. Introducing 19 pulse-pounding tales, by luminaries and great new voices. Co-edited by Gabrielle Harbowy and Ed Greenwood. Featuring an introduction by Susan J. Morris
And here is a little bit of my tale, “The Once and Now-ish King”:
The nominees in the Anthology Category are:
- 27 Views of Chapel Hill by Daniel Wallace, Introduction (Eno Publishers)
- Ghost Writers by Keith Taylor and Laura Kasischke (Wayne State University Press)
- Intensity by Keren Taylor, editor (WriteGirl Publications)
- Into the Blue by Joseph J. Corn (The Library of America)
- Solace in So Many Words by edited by Ellen Wade Beals (Weighed Words)
- Sovereign Erotics by Qwo-Li Driskill, Daniel Heath Justice, Deborah Miranda, and Lisa Tatonetti (University of Arizona Press)
- The Other Latin@ by Blas Falconer and Lorraine M. Lopez (University of Arizona Press)
- The Way of Natural History by Thomas Lowe Fleischner (Trinity University Press)
- When the Hero Comes Home by Gabrielle Harbowy and Ed Greenwood (Editors) (Dragon Moon Press